Taking a break from some of my more “intellectual” posts on society, this post is a nice segway to the date I have planned on Saturday. He’s a single dad I’ll call sapiosexual (someone attracted to intelligence) based on our common interests. We’ve been chatting for weeks but our hectic schedules have yet to align until this weekend.
- Probably smarter than me. He’s what I call an uber-intellectual because every text message is a psycho-analysis of our discussion. It’s clear he’s pretty self aware.
- He does not look like a guy in his 30s. At first I thought he’d be too young at around 24 or 23. He has a lovely baby-face.
- Tall and attractive. Oh how I hope this is true on Saturday.
- Independent and lives alone. After my last boyfriend, I’m happy he’s not living with a mentally unhinged female roommate. No drama please.
- Very committed to his family. He called me when he came back from upstate New York to care for his ailing mom.
- Single dad. I love that he has 50/50 time with his child. He totally gets me.
- Digital marketing specialist. We can talk shop!
- He offered to get a babysitter since it’s his weekend. Oh gosh, I’m in love!
- He works in the same area I work. Convenient.
- He lives an hour away. Dating logistics are not in our favor.
- LONNNNGGG, lengthy text messages. I’m more of a logistics texter. His texts over share and ooze emotion.
- I’m not immediately attracted to his pictures in an animal-esque way, but then again, I’m better in person too.
I’m also talking to another guy in his mid-30’s who is incredibly attractive but I’ve been kind of burned out on the dating scene and haven’t offered a time to meet.
This is one area in my life I don’t mind taking my time.